These are the football logos of 2008! This includes all teams which are going to take part in the Euro 2008 football games. Congrats to the Spanish fans! For those of you who don’t follow sports or football (soccer if you want) in particular, Spain is the 2008 UEFA champion.
- Czech Republic ( too detailed, overcrowded )
- Portugal ( ball is missing )
- Switzerland ( the most designed one )
- Turkey ( too simple )
- Croatia ( it works )
- Austria ( American styled, too corporate )
- Germany ( build to last )
- Poland ( it works )
- France ( ball missing, unpractical gradients )
- Italy ( nice shirts design, bad logo )
- Netherlands ( ball missing, but practical and easy to recognize )
- Romania ( lack of creativity )
- Greece ( it works )
- Russia ( great elements, but it could be better )
- Spain ( arty-smarty )
- Sweden ( ball and elements too small )
The football logos in numbers:
6 of 16 logos do have circle shape (based on the ball shape);
6 of 16 logos do have shield shape (based on the national emblem);
3 of 16 logos are monochrome;
12 of 16 logos do have an obvious “football ball” reference.
More info on the actual UEFA ’08 games you can find here.